Being in an auto accident can be stressful. Filing an auto insuranceclaim shouldn’t be. We are here to help assist you throughout theprocess of your claim. Here are some tips for what you should do afteran accident.
After the accident:
If anyone is injured, call 9-1-1 immediately. Otherwise, contact the police department to file an accident report.
What else to do – and not do – after an accident:
- Try to stay calm and focused.
- Gather contact and insurance information from those involved
- Collect witness names and numbers
- From a safe spot, photograph any damage
- Call our office so we can help get your claim filed and the process started.
- Don’t offer an opinion regarding who was at fault for the accident
- Discuss accident details only with the police or your insurance agent
- Don’t leave the scene until instructed by police